Illustration with passe-partout in frame | Car 500
The Fiat 500 with its round shapes is perhaps every Italian's favorite. You don't see him very often here in Turin anymore, but when you do meet him you are amazed at how small he really is. Don't be fooled by its size, because photos from the past show that it can be a perfect means of transport to go on holiday, fully loaded with suitcases.
- The prints with hand-drawn illustrations are all inspired by nature and slow life.
- Collection 1 consists of eight different illustrations, available in three sizes.
- The prints are printed on 295 gr/m² paper in a small printing house in the Netherlands.
- Small edition, only 45 prints per size were printed.
- The paper is made from agricultural waste and is 100% recycled and tree-free. The pulp (bagasse) creates a natural brown shade and it has fine splinters, giving each print a unique look.
- The printing method with a digital press is based on a dry toner and electrostatic attraction with no chemical process taking place. Printing plates are no longer needed, which prevents waste of ink and paper.
- The illustrations are carefully and manually framed by a professional framer in the Netherlands.
- The works are provided with beautifully coloured acid-free passe-partouts. The colours are inspired by Italian surroundings and are available in six colours.
- The frames are provided with high-quality museum glass (also called 'TrueVue' glass) to prevent discoloration and reflection and will therefore last for years.
- The frames are made of Durian wood (with MTTC certificate). This wood comes from the durian tree and are cleared in orchards and plantations after they stop producing fruit (after around 30 years). The supplier has been purchasing their own forests for several years and they have recently started using their own wood. After harvesting, new trees are planted. In a few years they will be completely self-sufficient for their entire production.
- The frames are provided with a transparent water-based protective layer.
We try to take into account the use of sustainable packaging material as much as possible. In order to protect our products as best as possible during transport, we have taken the advice of our experienced framer, so that the risk of damage to our products is reduced. The frames are sealed and packed with cardboard corners and thin plastic film.